[ARC Review] Arclight by Josin L. McQuein

Friday, April 12, 2013




Title: arclight
Author: Josin L. McQuein
Genre: YS, Dystopian, Fantasy
Format: Hardcover, 400 Pages
Publication Date: April 23, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins


Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads





 Description
No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be.

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.

When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?



My Thoughts

I have been wanting to read this book from the moment I saw the cover. I mean really? It is awesome! The colors, the face in the background...it just screams read me! And I ave to tell you, everyone should read this book!

Arclight is nothing like any book I have read. I will admit that it too me a little while to completely understand what was going, because the world that was created was so different than the ones I am used to. Yes it is dystopian, but it also has aspects of science fiction and fantasy. So when you mix all of that together, thing can get complicated. But you know what kept me interested? The main character, Mariana. She is real, strong and a great narrator. The reason I say she is a great narrator is because she doesn't know what is going in as much as the reader, so it is almost like you ARE her in the novel. And I loved that.

The aspect of the Fade was very interesting. They are people, but not. They are the most interesting "villain" I think i have read in a long time. They are not present for most of the novel, but that did not mean the were not there. They are the reason anything happen in this novel and I have ti say, I would be freaked out if I saw them.

If anything, you should pick up Arclight because it is different. It is nothing like any YA book I have ever read. And if anything, the writing is absolutely fantastic and it will suck you in from the very beginning.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I often complain that I'm suffering from dystopian burn out but the truth is I'm just tired of reading the same old story. I still love dystopia if they manage to do something different with it. And Arclight is definitely something different. I'm about halfway through and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what they did with the cover, too. Eye catching and pretty. I like strong narrators and love different stories. I've been wanting to read this anyway, but the fact that it's a dystopian but managed to be so different really has me wanting to read it all the more.

    ReplyDelete