Top Ten Tuesday- April 16

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome The Broke & The Bookish!
This weeks topic is: REWIND: Top Ten childhood favorites

some textsome textsome text

1. Charlottes Web | I loved this book when I was a kid, and I loved that I got to reread it for a University class I took years ago. Made me realize why I loved it so much!
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone | This one is a no brainer for me, I grew up on these novels and they are still some of my all time favourites.
3. Blubber | Being different than everyone at school was something I knew a lot about and this book was a comfort for me, and I will always have a special place for it.


some textsome textsome text

4. The Rainbow Fish | This book is my favourite picture book. One, it is beautifully illustrated and two, it has a great message of sharing with others.
5. Where the Sidewalk Ends | Shel Silverstein is a genius and I will always love his poetry, especially this one.
6. The BFG | Do I even need to explain this one? Dhal was a genius and this book wil always be one of my favs.


some textsome textsome textsome text

7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants | This series was one of my fvaourites growing up, and I think it was the friendship aspect that always drew me in. Oh and Kostas of course ;)
8. Mary Kate and Ashely's Two of a Kind series | Do you remember these? I was obsessed with these two for so long and I would read and watch their movies whenever I could.
9. Captain Underpants | I still love this series only because it is really funny and I still laugh when I see them in the bookstore!
10. Goosebumps | These used to scare the crap out of me! But I would always keep reading :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love so many of these. Charlotte's Web, The Rainbow Fish, Where the Sidewalk Ends, and The BFG do an especially good job of putting me back in those happy childhood years.

    ReplyDelete