Top Ten Tuesday: April 23

Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome The Broke & The Bookish!
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books I thought I would like more than I did
some textsome textsome text

1. Beautiful Creatures | Although I really liked the story and setting I thought that it was too long and dragged in places. 
2. Marked | I have to admit that I hated the main character. I thought she was dimwitted and a little selfish, which made me not like the book at all. 
3. Wicked | I loved the play, Wicked, and so when I went to read the book it was based on I was very disappointed. I did not even finish it. The writing was flat and I couldn't get into the story at all.
some textsome textsome text

4. Vampire Diaries |I will admit I loved the show, but these books are just bad. I think I read two chapters and gave up. I thought I would love them because they were about vampires and romance. But no!
5. Infinity | I had heard great things about this author's adult series so I thought I would try our her YA. Did not like the main character at all, didn't even finish the book. 
6. Carrier of the Mark | This book had so much potential, but it was lost with bad writing and a very bad romance.
some textsome textsome textsome text

7.My Beating Teenage Heart | I remember really wanting to like this one, but I just couldn't connect with the characters at all. 
8. The Pleasures of Men | This had all the makings of a great historical mystery. But it was slow and the characters had no depth so it felt flat for me.
9. Tiger Lily | I had heard great things about this book, but when I read it I just couldn't get into it. And it didn't help that I didn't believe the romance between peter and Tiger Lily. 
 10. Crewel | I wanted to like this book so badly, but honestly the world was just too confusing and I found myself having to backtrack in order to understand what was going on.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I haven't read too many of these but I was definitely disappointed by Beautiful Creatures. The pacing was just so slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger Lily? *cries* I think it is one of my favorite retellings of all time (and I read many of them) But I can see why it was disappointing. I don't think this book is going to work for everyone :) I loved the world in Crewel.

    I agree about Carrier of the mark though! Disappointing story.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete