[ARC Review] Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Wednesday, September 11, 2013



Title: Fire with Fire
Author: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Format: Hardcover, 528 pages
Release Date: August 13, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: ARC provided from publisher in exchange for honest review

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads
What can I saw about this book that has not already been said. When I finished reading Burn for Burn I did not think this series could get any better, but well, it started and ended with such a bang. But man was I wrong. From the minute I opened Fire with Fire I knew that I was in for another roller-coaster ride of emotions, and oh was I excited.

We still follow Kat, Mary and Lillia through their last few months before new years, and seriously was it good. When I finished the first book I hated Rennie and Reeve and so when the three of them hatch a plan to make Reeve fall in love Lillia and break both Rennie and Reeve, I was SO on board. These two characters need to be put down a peg. But what I did not expect was for Reeve character to grow. I know it sounds weird, but I hate when you read a character in one book and hate them, and then in the second book you get a closer look at them and see a different side. And that is exactly what happened with Reeve. I started to like him, even after I tried very hard to hate his guts, Lillia's plan for him to fall in love with her, made me fall for him. And I had a really hard time with this because I did not want him to get hurt the way Kat and Mary wanted him too. I am telling, you was like tug of war with my EMOTIONS!

Also, the end??? WTH, I knew that there was something weird about Mary, especially after what happened at the end of the last book, but THIS? I was taken completely by surprise and I loved it! It made for such a great secondary plot and I seriously cannot wait for the next book to find out what will happen to her, and what will happen when Kat and Lillia find out the truth! AAHHHH it will amazing!

This was amazing, and if its even possible, it is 5x times better than the first book. This one made me care for things I never thought I would and made me question my perception of people. It was a great read and must read! Brilliant!

You Might Also Like

0 comments