[eARC Review] Tandem by Anna Jarzab

Tuesday, October 15, 2013


Title: Tandem
Author: Anna Jarzab
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Format: Hardcover, 428 pages
Release Date: October 8, 2013
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Source: eARC received through Netgalley for honest review


Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads





Everything repeats.
You. Your best friend. Every person you know.
Many worlds. Many lives--infinite possibilities.
Welcome to the multiverse.


Sixteen-year-old Sasha Lawson has only ever known one small, ordinary life. When she was young, she loved her grandfather's stories of parallel worlds inhabited by girls who looked like her but led totally different lives. Sasha never believed such worlds were real--until now, when she finds herself thrust into one against her will.

To prevent imminent war, Sasha must slip into the life of an alternate version of herself, a princess who has vanished on the eve of her arranged marriage. If Sasha succeeds in fooling everyone, she will be returned home; if she fails, she'll be trapped in another girl's life forever. As time runs out, Sasha finds herself torn between two worlds, two lives, and two young men vying for her love--one who knows her secret, and one who thinks she's someone she's not.

The first book in the Many-Worlds Trilogy, Tandem is a riveting saga of love and betrayal set in parallel universes in which nothing--and no one--is what it seems
.



Honestly the reason I picked up this book was the cover. I will never deny that I base my reading on what the cover looks like, because it is true, and this one for Tandem is absolutely beautiful. But sometimes a cover can be misleading and I end being extremely disappointed in the actual book. But I am happy to say that this book blew everything I expected out of the water.

I read this book is just over a day, I could not put it down because everything about this book was intriguing. The idea of parallel universes is something I love reading about, but also a great way to tell a story. And Tandem has that. We follow Sasha as she comes to grips with being kidnapped from Earth and taken to an alternate world called Aurora where she is forced to pretend to be another version of herself. I know this sounds complicated but seriously, it is amazing. The world the author built is quite extraordinary and I loved reading about it. I loved the way things were eerily similar to earth but with slight differences. I honestly thinking the world building was my favorite part.

What I did not expect was the love story and how much I would invest in it. I loved that it was slow and not obvious and I loved how innocent everything was. It was a great change for me to read something like that. And that ending! It broke me, I swear. When you read, because you should, I think you will feel the same way and I honestly cannot wait to see what happens in the next book. This is a new favorite series for me and I am so glad I discovered it.

An amazing read.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am fascinated with parallel universe as well so I'm glad this one fit the bill. Terrified with the ending, though. Eeep!

    ReplyDelete