Top Ten Tuesday--Bad cover that I want to re-design!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome The Broke & The Bookish!
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books I would re-design!


Hex Hall
I loved this book, but honestly the cover is very Middle Grade and really does not fit how awesome this book was. 

Vampire Academy
One, the model looks like a young Angelina Jolie, but also this cover has NOTHING to do with vampires. I don't think you would even know that unless you read the back copy. 

 Lies Beneath
I really don't know what it os about this cover that bothers me so much, but I really don't like it. Maybe that is why I have yet to pick it up even though many people have said its good.

 Holes
This book has everything to do with my childhood, and I know that this cover had 90s all over it, but really they could have redone it to make it approachable to this generation because this book is amazing.

 The Maze Runner
This book was brilliant, and I do think that this cover does well for the young male audience, but seriously. It is so boring...and very green LOL

 The Gypsy King
 This book blew me out of the water, but honestly I think that the cover held it back. It s very minimalist and honestly doesn't covey to romance or the thrills in this book!


Beautiful Creatures
Although I love the typography of this series...they all look the same! I would have rather them have a theme but have something other than type on the cover.

Pretty Little Liars
I was actually surprised about this book because I actually really enjoyed it. But I absolutely hate this cover, and really all the covers in this series. Barbie dolls...really? I honestly like the TV tie in covers more. And that NEVER happens

 Shiver
Although this cover does represent the book in some ways, like the wolf in the background, and the spot of blood on top of the i. But I just think its boring and very washed out looking.

 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
This book is a classic, and I know everyone loves it. But honestly this cover is horrible. There is no way I would pick this up on the shelf if I didn't already know what it was. And honestly the Movie Tie-In isn't that much better. 


What do you think? Do you agree with my picks? Any that you had that I didn't?
Let me know!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Despite the fact that everyone tells me I have to read the Hex Hall and Vampire Academy series the #1 reason I haven't picked them up yet is because the covers put me right off.

    ReplyDelete