Top Ten Tuesday--Top Ten reccos for boys!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome The Broke & The Bookish! This weeks topic is: Top Ten books I would recommend to boys

Here is my list of recommendation I would I've to boy readers that are searching for that one book that will help them love reading. 



Shadow and Bone

I chose this book because it has a great world built into it and although it does have a love story, it is not the focus of the entire story. There is great adventure and mystery as well. 


The Replacement

I am always looking for creepy books to recommend to friends and this is one of the ones I always go to. Not only is the narrator a boy, but it also has some scenes that are cringe worthy. Great for boys. 

The 5th Wave

This was one of the best books I have read this year, and although it does have a female protagonist for most of the book, it also has aliens, fighting and mystery. It is non-stop action, so it is great for boys. 

Graceling

This book has a kick ass heroine that knows how to wield a sword and kick some ass. She is not your typical girl narrator either so that is why I chose this book for boys. 

The Alchemyst

If your boy liked Harry Potter I think this one is for him. And the fact that this book has everything to do with Nicholas Flamel should get their attention. Lots of magic and mystery in this one!

Blackout

This book is all about teenagers with superpowers that are using them for evil. Then the government gets another group of teenagers to fight against them. It is like X-Men meets Black Hawk Dawn. Such a great thrill read.

Scott Pilgrim 
This is a great fun read, and has everything boys like, video game references, girls and rock bands. So much fun. 

Falling Kingdoms

I love this book because the world building si phenomenal and the characters are great. This book is told in many perspectives so it is not just female. There is a romance, but it is not huge. 

Creeps

I chose this book because it deals with the subject of bullying and bullying in the eyes of boys. This is very different for YA books and I think it needs to be read so that boys have something to relate to on this topic as well. 


The Maze Runner

I always used to recommend this book to boys when I worked in a bookstore because it is THE ya book for boys. It has everything, mystery, trills and action. Everything you would want.


What do you think of my list? Would you recommend any others?
Let me know!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. SO I haven't read all of your recommendations but definitely agree with The 5th Wave!! I keep asking my bf to read it!

    our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete