Before I Go to Sleep

Friday, May 25, 2012

What would you do if you woke one morning and look around and not know where you are, or who the man sleeping next you is. Then you discover that you are 20 years older then you think you are, you are married, and the man in front of you is your husband, and has been for years. What would you do if you lost all of your memories?

That is the premise for S.J Watson’s debut novel Before I Go To Sleep. When I picked this book up originally I didn’t know what to expect. It had been a while since I picked up an adult fiction novel, and when you have read YA fiction for a few weeks, going back to adult can be hard. Yet this book made it easy. From the very first line I was hooked. Following Christines journey was a rollarcoaster, a ride that you were afraid of, yet can’t stop from riding. Watson has an ability to emphasize confusion in a way that allows the reader to feel what Christine feels, what she thinks and what she knows she has lost.

It was a brilliant read, especially for it being a debut novel. It has suspense, love, loss and heartache all wrapped up in a story of a woman who you learn to love through Watson’s words, through Christine’s words, or wordless actions. It is a debut to be proud of, and I would highly recommend it to all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments