[Adult Review] Red Moon by Benjamin Percy

Monday, April 29, 2013




Title: Red Moon
Author: Benjamin Percy
Genre: Adult, Horror, Paranormal
Format: Hardcover, 544 pages
Publication: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Hachette

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads








They live among us.

They are our neighbors, our mothers, our lovers.

They change.

When government agents kick down Claire Forrester's front door and murder her parents, Claire realizes just how different she is. Patrick Gamble was nothing special until the day he got on a plane and hours later stepped off it, the only passenger left alive, a hero. Chase Williams has sworn to protect the people of the United States from the menace in their midst, but he is becoming the very thing he has promised to destroy. So far, the threat has been controlled by laws and violence and drugs. But the night of the red moon is coming, when an unrecognizable world will emerge...and the battle for humanity will begin.





The moment I read the synopsis for Red Moon, I knew it was my kind of book. Lycans, combined with politics always sounds like a great story, and this one was no different.

Benjamin Percy definitely has a way with words, he is abe to make you feel as if you are the subject of his story and not just reading the words on the page. Each character in Red Moon has a purpose, and they are all detromental to the end game of the Lycan uprising. I found myself comparing this books with The Passage by Justin Cronin. Not because it is similar in topic--because it is not--but because of the writing style. That was probably my favourite thing about this book. It was so captivating.

There was a portion in the middle of the story that lacked in the action department and I felt the story lull a little, but that did not take away from my enjoyment of the book. This book is told in multiple points of view--probably around 5 or so-- and so naturally I gravitated towards two characters, and both were younger than the rest. And I think that is because I have been reading so many YA books lately and my mind just gets sucked into those characters more. And I will admit that I wanted more of them because I found their perspective to be so well told. They were both on either sides of the uprising yet connected in so many ways. It was fascinating.

Overall I loved the different take on Lycans, and Benjamin wrote his characters that were both incredibly flawed yet fascinating at the same time. I hope to read more from Benjamin in the future and hope it involves more Lycans :D


You Might Also Like

0 comments