[Review] The Eternity Cure

Friday, April 26, 2013


Title: The Eternity Cure
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Yes, Book 2
Format: Hardcover, 446 pages
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads






Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.




Vampires are a genre in YA that I think has been over exposed, especially since Twilight and The Vampire Diaries became household names. But when I picked up The Immortal Rules a few weeks back I was pleasantly surprised. This was not your average Vampire Saga, and I loved that.

I will say though, that reading The Eternity Cure was a little bit of a letdown for me. I am not saying that I didn't like the book. I did, but it took me a good 100 or so pages to actually get into the book. For me, a sequel has to grab me from the very beginning and unfortunately this one didn't. BUT it did pick up near the middle/end and I will say that the end made up for everything else!

Character can make or break a book. It is the books characters that shape a readers opinion of the book and they can make or break a series. Allie is as fierce as she was in The Immortal Rules, and I loved that. I loved that she was not dependent on a man to fight her battles for her, and I think that is something more heroines should have in YA fiction. But I did get tired of all the self-deprecating that happens when it comes Zeke and their relationship. I know that she doesn't feel worthy of his love because of what she is, but you do not need to say it in every chapter.

One of the characters that I fell in love with during this book was a character that I hated in the first one. I will not his their name because it might ruin something if you have not read this book yet. But what I will say is that his sarcasm and his horrible personally made me laugh and cringe at the same time. He was a great semi-villain that has great potential in this series!

Overall I thought The Eternity Cure was a decent sequel that picked up near the end. The potential for the third book is very high and I am really intrigued as to where Julie is going to take his series.

You Might Also Like

0 comments