[Review] The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden

Saturday, August 17, 2013



Title: The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Genre: New Adult
Format: ebook, 336 pages
Release Date: December 13, 2012
Publisher: Self Published

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads






For Kayden, suffering in silence was the only way to survive. If he was lucky, he could keep his head down, do as he was told, and make it through the day. But one night it seemed like his luck-and his life-might finally end... until an angel named Callie appeared just in time to rescue him.

Callie has never believed in luck. Not since her twelfth birthday when everything was taken from her. After the worst was over, she locked up her feelings and vowed never to tell anyone what happened. Now, six years later, she continues to struggle with the painful secret that threatens to consume her.

When fate lands Kayden and Callie at the same college, Kayden is determined to get to know the beautiful girl who changed his destiny. Quiet and reserved, Callie still fears letting anyone else into her world. But Kayden is certain that Callie has come back into his life for a reason. And the more he tries to be a part of her life, the more he realizes that, this time, it's Callie who needs to be saved...



This book had been on my radar for a very long time, but I never actually picked it up and read it. But a few weeks a had a chance to read it and I will admit that I devour this book in HOURS. I think I started it in the early afternoon, and by dinner time I was done! It was just so addictive from start to finish, and that ending! I did not see that coming!

What I loved most about this story was the tension and characterization. I loved both Callie and Kayden. They were both extremely damaged, and when I saw damaged I mean life altering situations that forever changed them. And I thought it was so sweet that they found each other. I loved that this story was written in both perspectives so we got to see what was happening in each characters mind and I will admit that it got a little frustrating at times. Especially when, as the reader, you that to solve an issue all that needs to happen is a chat between the two, but when both refuse to be the better person it gets frustrating. Because when something like that happens I know how easy it would be to fix, and yet it gets drawn out for chapters because the characters refuse to talk to each other.

There was something that I wasn't too fond of, and that was the inclusion of so much taruma in one book. I get having one character with a shady past they would rather forget, but it got to be a bit much with two character that had secrets and refused to talk about them. It was almost like watching a Dr, Drew special and routing for the two drug addict to fall in love. It was just a lot to handle in one book.

Then there was the end. I got that this needed to happen, and I was surprised that the author went there. But again it was a little much for me. There was so much bad and not enough good that it got hard to read at times. I wanted a light at the end of the tunnel and I never got it, which was a bit frustrating. But overall I really enjoyed the book as a whole, and I read the sequel not too long ago, so the review will be up soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments