[Review] This Time Around by Ellie Grace

Friday, August 16, 2013



Title: This Time Around
Author: Ellie Grace
Genre: New Adult
Format: ebook, 197 pages
Release Date: July 5, 2013
Publisher: Self Published

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | Nook | Goodreads





Nora Montgomery left home and heartbreak behind in South Carolina when she moved to New York City after her high school graduation. Now, four years later, she returns home and is forced to confront the past she left behind and the reckless boy who broke her heart. It’s not long before the pieces of her past begin to blur with the present and she realizes that the feelings she had for her first love never really went away. As old dreams resurface and new truths come to light, she begins to question the future she's always planned on.

Jake Harris has spent four years regretting the night he let her get away. When she finally reappears in his life, he is determined to win her back and prove how much he’s changed. She might never forgive him for that night, but if he tells her the truth about what really happened it will shatter the world she thought she knew. If he doesn’t, he might not get a second chance. He’s already lost her once and he won’t lose her again.

They come from two different worlds that are threatening to tear them apart…can they make it this time around?



This Time Around was a book I came across when I was shopping online for some more New Adult reads. When I read the synopsis I knew I was interested and so I bought it and read it right away. Honestly I was not expecting much for this book because some of the reviews I saw were iffy. But I will say that I enjoyed reading this book a lot more than I expected.

I will say right off the bat that the writing in this book is very simple, and I think it worked for the story because you were not taken away from poetic writing, and you were able to focus on the characters themselves. What I loved the most about this book was the chemistry and connection between the two lovers; Nora and Jake. The sexual tension between the two of them was great, and I really wished it would have lasted longer then it did because it was such a great part of the story.

Their relationship in general was sweet but very fast tracked. I would have liked for it to be drawn out a little bit more because of what happened in their past, and I thought it was very convenient the way they got together o quickly. I felt a little cheated at that point because I wanted more resistance on Nora's part. She was the one who was hurt and it seemed like all of that was out the window when she was around him. It just didn't seem realistic, especially when what happened really affected her.

This Time Around was a fun and flirty read that was extremely fast paced, but it lacked something in the plot that made me think, WOW. I wanted more from the relationship overall and I wanted more of a solid connection between the two main characters.

You Might Also Like

0 comments