[Review] Lost and Found by Nicole Williams

Thursday, August 15, 2013


Title: Lost and Found
Author: Nicole Williams
Series: Lost and Found #1
Genre: New Adult
Format: ebook, 358 pages
Release Date: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Createspace

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads





There’s complicated. And there’s Rowen Sterling.

After numbing pain for the past five years with boys, alcohol, and all-around apathy, she finds herself on a Greyhound bus to nowhere Montana the summer after she graduates high school. Her mom agreed to front the bill to Rowen’s dream art school only if Rowen proves she can work hard and stay out of trouble at Willow Springs Ranch. Cooking breakfast at the crack of dawn for a couple dozen ranch hands and mucking out horse stalls are the last things in the world Rowen wants to spend her summer doing.

Until Jesse Walker saunters into her life wearing a pair of painted-on jeans, a cowboy hat, and a grin that makes something in her chest she’d thought was frozen go boom-boom. Jesse’s like no one else, and certainly nothing like her. He’s the bright and shiny to her dark and jaded.

Rowen knows there’s no happily-ever-after for the golden boy and the rebel girl—happily-right-now is a stretch—so she tries to forget and ignore the boy who makes her feel things she’s not sure she’s ready to feel. But the more she pushes him away, the closer he seems to get. The more she convinces herself she doesn’t care, the harder she falls.

When her dark secrets refuse to stay locked behind the walls she’s kept up for years, Rowen realizes it’s not just everyone else she needs to be honest with. It’s herself.



Nicole Williams is an author that needs to be recognized because of her ability to capture a readers attention with some amazing writing and amazing characters. Lost and Found was a book I stumbled onto by accident, i was looking for more books by Abbi Glines and I got recommended this book. To be honest I recognized the name but couldn't remember what books she had written, and when I saw that it was the Crash series, i knew I needed to buy ASAP. And I am so glad that I did.

I never been one to love cowboys in books, one because I was never around them so I never found them attractive, but also because I always think of the Harlequin type cowboys that are on their covers. But I will tell you this, Jesse Walker is one cowboy I would love to meet in real life. He was not only described as being beautiful (obviously) but also having an amazing personality. He was such a sweetheart and I loved how sensitive he was towards Rowan, considering how different she was to him. Rowan was another character that I loved because of her strength and because of her weakness as well. She was do damaged by her past and the lack of parental support that it was nice to see her reaction on going to a place that thrived on it.

I really don't know if I would characterize this as New Adult, maybe the tame side of the genre. I say this because the main characters are still right out of high school and it was a very sweet story that dealt with some heavy subject matter. The sexy scenes were so tender and sweet that it took me aback because I had been so used to the raunchy versions in other stories. It was a nice change of pace. It made me love this story even more.

Lost and Found is a great story, the writing is at its highest and the characterization is one of the best I have read. Nicole Williams makes you feel for these characters in ways I never expected, and it was great story. Although this novel is on the tame side of New Adult I say read it, read it, read it because it will change the way you see the genre and what it means to be a new adult. A great, refreshing read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments