[Review] Never Too Far by Abbi Glines

Friday, August 23, 2013


Title: Never Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: New Adult
Format: eBook, 200 pages
Release Date: February 25, 2013
Publisher: Self Published

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads







He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.



WARNING: The below review will have spoilers, so tread carefully.

In this second installment of the Too Far series we find Blaire pregnant and alone. Now as with all series, there is usually a slump and I will honestly say that this one might have been it. Although I really enjoyed reading this novel, I found most of the storyline to be a bit unbelievable.

For one, Blaire not wanting to tell Rush about the baby made sense for a bit, but then it got to the point where I was wondering if she would ever tell him. And eventually when she does his reaction was a little too good to be true. I mean i know he loves her and everything but for him to be that excited that fast for a twenty four year old, made no sense to me. Honestly I would be freaking out.

Also, Rush's relationship with his sister Nana was even worse in this novel than the first. I found her to be super controlling and I always wondered by Rush felt so protective of her when it was obvious to everyone but him that she was trying to sabotage his relationship with Blaire. And all for something so juvenile as jealousy.

I will say that the love scenes in this novel weren't as romantic as the first book, but they were still blush inducing. They were also very frequent in number and I wondered at what point they would stop jumping each other and finally start talking.

Overall this was a good book for lovers of New Adult, there is plenty of tension and steamy scenes, but for me it lacked a powerful back story that pushed it forward. But! the story continues in Forever too Far, read my review tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments