#WinterWishList2014 Book Feature #26

Thursday, December 26, 2013


This is a brand new segment I am starting where I feature a book a day, in the month of December, that I am looking forward to in 2014. It can be any book from any genre, from any author or publisher!

This is a great way for me to help you make you TBR pile bigger! And to share the books I cannot wait to read! Hope you enjoy!

TODAY'S FEATURE:

Title: Red Rising
Author: Pierce Brown
Series: Red Rising Trilogy #1
Release Date: January 28th 2014


Darrow is a miner and a Red, a member of the lowest caste in the color-coded society of the future. Like his fellow Reds, he digs all day, believing that he and his people are making the surface of the planet livable for future generations. Darrow has never seen the sky.

Yet he spends his life willingly, knowing that his blood and sweat will one day result in a better future for his children.

But Darrow and his kind have been betrayed. Soon he discovers that humanity already reached the surface generations ago. Vast cities and sprawling parks spread across the planet. Darrow and Reds like him are nothing more than slaves to a decadent ruling class.

Inspired by a longing for justice, and driven by the memory of lost love, Darrow joins a resistance group in order to infiltrate the ruling class and destroy society from within. He will stop at nothing to bring down his enemies... even if it means he has to become one of them to do so.


REASON I CAN'T WAIT

I have heard this book being described as Harry Potter meets the Hunger Games. And with that I say: OF COURSE I WANT TO READ IT! Who wouldn't want to after hearing it being described like that? And that cover? How amazing is that graphic, it grabs you right from the start and honestly i cannot wait to get my hands on this book next month.

Do you have this book on your wish list for 2014? Why can't you wait for it?


Want daily updates on #WinterWishList2014? The follow me on Bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments