[ARC Review] Be With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Friday, January 31, 2014



Title: Be With Me
Author: J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Wait for You #2
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Format: Paperback, 336 pages
Release Date: February 4th 2014
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Source: ARC received by publisher in exchange for honest review

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads




Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…



Jennifer has quickly become one of my favourite YA and NA authors of all time. She has this way of getting you invested in her characters and connect with them on a level I have never experienced before. Be with Me is the "second" book in the Wait for You series, and when I say second book I mean that it takes place in the same word as the first book, but with different characters. Be With Me was high on my list of New Adult reads and I am happy to say he exceeded my expectations and blew me away.

Teresa and Jase have a very complicated history that invloved make out sessions and heartbreak, but everything changes when they meet after a year and their chemistry together is unignorable (yes I made up that word :)) Jase was a great character because we was more complicated than I could have imagined. He had secrets (which I have t say I figured out before they were revealed) and you could tell he was dealing with some long past demons that were threatening to destroy his relationship with Teresa.

Teresa was a great catalyst to Jase in this book. She was the opposite of him in every way yet they fit so perfectly together. I loved their chemistry on page and their relationship was complicated yet made total sense to me. Teresa's past was the one thing I loved most about this book. In most NA novels a past changes the characters and it is usually for the worst. But for Teresa it made her stronger and I loved that so much. I loved that she took something that was horrible and tragic and turned it into something to make her into a better person.

No NA book would be complete without some sort of tragedy and there is a big one in Be With Me. I teared up when it happened because I saw the connection between Teresa's past and what happened and it broke my heart. I really liked the reactions from all of the characters and how it all unfolded in the end. I will not spoil anything for anyone because the shock is what got me and I will not spoil that for anyone else. But this book and these characters will stay with me (pun intended:)) until the next book comes out because they felt so incredibly real and everyone who loves NA or wants to try it out need to read this book. It will make you love the genre.

You Might Also Like

0 comments