[ARC Review] I'll Meet You There

Monday, February 02, 2015




Title: I'll Meet You There
Author: Heather Demetrios
Series: Standalone
Gnere: YA Contemporary
Format: Hardcover, 400 pages
Release Date: February 3, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Company
Source: ARC received from publisher in exchange for an honest review

Purchase
Amazon | Indigo | TBD | Goodreads









If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.

Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper.




I honestly don't know if I can write this review in the way that I want because I don't think I have the words to express how amazing I thought this book was. I'll Meet You There was a book I gravitated towards because of the cover, I mean come on it is GORGEOUS right? So I knew I had to read it. But what I don't think I expected was the impact this book had one me while I read it.

There is something about a story that you can relate to even though your life situation is nothing like the one you are reading about. And this book did that for me. I mean I do not live in a trailer park, My mom is NOTHING like Skylar's, who by the way made me so angry in parts of this book. Once you read it you will understand. My life is nothing compares to Skylars yet I related to her, I related to her dreaming of more than her small town life, I related to her worry that when she will will everything fall apart. Everything that was going on in her life made SENSE to me. And I think that is the main reason I gave this book a perfect score. Because not many books can comepletely and uttery make sense to me. And this one did.

The Love story. Now this book is so much more than Skylar and Josh. These two characters are some of the best characters I have read. Each have their own issues, Skylar with her home life, and Josh being in the Military and being injured. All of these things separately are horrible enough, but when you put these two characters together something amazing happened. I cant really explain it in words but their relationship was complicated, sweet, gentle and yet hard to read at times. I loved every second of their story and I really want to know more about them, I just wish the book had been longer!

What else can I say about this book? It was utter perfection. I have nothing bad to say about it. I read it in one sitting and MIGHT have cried at the end, but lets not tell anyone that part. I loved every page and every word. I cannot recommend this book enough to anyone who loved contemporary. This is the book you've been waiting for...trust me you do not want to miss this one.


You Might Also Like

0 comments