[Review] The Redemption of Callie and Kayden

Sunday, August 25, 2013


Title: The Redemption of Callie and Kayden
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Genre: New Adult
Format: eBook, 320 pages
Release Date: July 30, 2013
Publisher: Sphere

Purchase
Amazon | Chapters | TBD | Goodreads







The dark secret Kayden has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.

Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts.



WARNING: This review will have spoilers from the first book. You have been warned.

At the end of The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden I was shocked. I honestly did not that the author would go that far, and actually end the book the way she did. And that ending made me want to read the sequel even more. The Redemption of Callie and Kayden was a good sequel, yet I felt it missed the mark a bit for me.

When I read a sequel I want there to be a little growth in each character, escially early on, and honestly I didn't get that at all. When the book opens up we are thrust into both Callie and Kayden worlds and neither of them knows what to do. Kayden is trying to deal with his Parents and the fact that he tried to kill himself and Callie is trying to wrap her head around what happened that night and telling her parents about what happened on her eleventh birthday.

What I loved about this book in particular was its ability to deal with real teenage issues, although dramatized for effect, i felt like a lot of what Callie and Kayden went through in this novel felt real. The author had an ability to make me care for these two characters in a way I never thought I would and i was surprised at how invested i was in their futures.

What I did not like was the amount of drama that took place. It seemed a little overwhelming at times and I found myself skipping some parts because I wanted both Callie and Kayden to get over it and talk to each other! I find that this is a huge trend in New Adult fiction and I hope some authors will shy away from it because it can get to be annoying at times.

Overall I thought this was a good end to the story of Callie and Kayden, although there were some issues, I thought that the end of this book made complete sense and I am glad that everything got resolved. if you loved the first book be sure to pick this one up because it will satisfy your need for these two characters. A good read overall.

You Might Also Like

0 comments